“We are stardust. It has long been said that we are stardust.
Science has now proven that we are stardust. We are a living example, here on earth, of the prodigious phenomenon of hydrogen transforming itself into human consciousness. We should be worthy of this miracle.”
Paolo Soleri, Venice Biennale, June 2000
ARCHITECTURE | ARTWORK | DESIGN | BRANDING | EDUCATION | INTERIOR DESIGN | LANDSCAPE | LECTURES | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | PHOTOGRAPHY | RESEARCH | TOURISM CONSULTANCY | URBAN REGENERATION
Stardust* is an international and interdisciplinary creative studio focusing on empathic innovation.
Carla Athayde (Brazilian/Spanish)
– Tourism expert/Producer/Photographer – Post-graduate in Cultural Tourism, Master degree in Territorial Planning and Regional Development and PhD candidate in Culture and Heritage Management at the University of Barcelona (Spain). She has collaborated with prestigious international institutions of culture like CCCB Barcelona, Forum Universal de las Culturas, Fundació Politècnica de Catalunya (Barcelona), FUNCEB (Brazil), World Festivals (Morocco).
Francesco Ducato (Italian)
– Architect/Artist – Master degree and PhD candidate in “New instruments of architecture” at the ETSAB (Barcelona, Spain). He was collaborator and partner of internationally recognized artists and architects such as Pere Riera, Enric Ruiz Geli/Cloud 9 (Barcelona) and Robert Wilson (New York). He is lecturer and professor in different international universities. His work was awarded, published and exhibited by prestigious international institutions.
Stardust* Members and Network
The Stardust* Network is in constant evolution. Here is an idea of its dimension until now. We have:
* Many young architects collaborating with Stardust* around the world.
* Structural or installations engineers everywhere Stardust* has open building sites or architectural projects in advanced phases.
* Graphic Designers in Barcelona (Spain) and Porto (Portugal).
* Programmers in Italy and Brazil.
* Lawyers in Rome (Italy) and Bahia (Brazil).
* Collaborators in (NY) USA, Tokyo (Japan) and Damascus (Syria).
More about Stardust*…
What is it?
Stardust* is nothing.
It is just an intuition.
But at the same time everything is stardust: you and me, the things around us, our ideas and our feelings.
We look for solutions beyond the clouds, but maybe this should mean to look more inside us, with a microscope.
We need art and science to fight against our tendency to destruction and violence.We need art and science to create more and more.
We need to work together with the consciousness of what we are: just a little particle in the infinite universe.
Francesco Ducato, Barcelona, November 2008
Working in an international scale and in different art fields produced the need to develop a studio not worried about disciplinary definitions, not dedicated to specialization but focused on the construction of new realities defining relations of abilities and talents for each project.
The idea came from the need to “reveal” the connection between the different creative experiences and improve the mystery of this connection.
Stardust* is the result of an intuition and is a factory of intuitions.
Stardust* is a studio that operates in the field of the arts with a strong creativity impregnated by the culture of making. Creation and production work together to realize projects of high quality and efficiency. In this way the management becomes part of the creative process giving guaranties of success to the client and to the Stardust* team.
Against the idea of StarSystem we believe on the idea of strong, talented and qualified individualities, able to share their know how with the objective of a critic, innovative and responsible transformation of their physical and cultural environment. Meaning with environment every material or virtual space with its peculiarities.
Stardust* is at the moment developing projects in Spain, Italy, Brazil, Syria and USA and has not geographical limits.
We invite you to participate in our actual projects and to generate new ones together.
Stardust* works as a network.
The fix core of Stardust* is the hub for the coordination of know how, artistic skills, expertise, talents and also legal/regulation frames, organization and economical management of the work…
In each project Stardust* activates specific skills and talents from different parts of the world for the best realization of the work.
This is possible thanks to Internet, the new technologies of information and communication and the easy, different and low cost transportations. This evolution defined a new concept and operational methods of the Stardust* Office/Studio/Lab. The physical space, the studio, only works as physical archive (soon not needed anymore for many aspects of our work thanks to the digital archives), a library (we still have many books even we also read e-books) and the eventual physical meetings with the clients, collaborators, partners in special phases of each project (that now mainly happen in Skype). However in Stardust* we think that is very important to create the good spatial conditions for the creative work and also to get the people involved physically together in some moment of the process.
We also use the following three videos from YouTube to explain the idea of Stardust*